It always has been a missing feature: disabling the sleep mode on a Apple Laptop. Who does not want to use it as a big juke-box or go warwalking. The best looking server ever, especially at about one inch height. This small utility is what you will want, this small utility acts as a wrapper to the Insomnia kernel extension.
Note: InsomniaX is PASSIVE!
This means that unless another program has interfered with the operations of InsomniaX, once you reboot your system it will be completely removed from the system until you start InsomniaX and activate its features.
If after a reboot or during boot you exhibit issues, these are not related to InsomniaX. (The only exception is if you have InsomniaX in your startup items for your login)
The most common ticket in the help desk regarding issues with InsomniaX or requesting instructions on how to remove InsomniaX, below is a simple step list of what is required to completely wipe out InsomniaX. If any problems exist after removing InsomniaX it should not be related to Insomnia as it works as a passive changing, in other words once its unloaded all changes are moved (Especially after a reboot any trace should be gone)
- Reboot the machine
- Ensure InsomniaX is not running
- Enter in terminal : defaults delete com.semaja2.InsomniaX (use net.semaja2.insomniax for InsomniaX 2.1 +)
- Delete ~/Library/Application Support/InsomniaX (Use the terminal command “sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/InsomniaX”
- Delete /Applications/InsomniaX.app
- If reinstalling download latest version from MacUpdate